Video Education. Join master trainers Emily and Ayla and learn at your own pace, as they go over all the key aspects of heart rate training for any device. Follow along the training approach of Myzone, the fitness industry's top heart rate training choice.
Video Lesson 1
In the first lesson you will learn:
- The benefits of each training zone
- Training recommendations and different types of workouts
- What happens to the body as you work through the training zones
Join the trainers as they demonstrate:
- Heart rate zones and effort tests
- A complete submaximal assessment
- Use heart rate zones for training
- Measure effort by heart rate, perceived exertion, and talk test
- Use heart rate to assess fitness and monitor progress
Video Lesson 2
Webinar: How to Leverage the Power of Heart Rate Training for your Fitness Business
A presentation for fitness professionals.
Key takeaways from the webinar:
- Why fitness staff and clients should take advantage of heart rate training
- How to use heart rate to demonstrate client results in personal training and group fitness
- How to gamify exercise with heart rate training to improve client experience and retention
Bonus: The Ultimate Quick Guide to Heart Rate Training (PDF, 8 pages)
In this must-have guide we dive into essential heart rate education: the various heart rate terms, how to measure heart rate, monitor for calories, leveraging heart rate for extra motivation, training and overtraining, and more.
Your Master Trainers
Dr. Ayla Donlin
Director of the LifeFit Center @ The Beach and MYZONE® Master Trainer
Dr. Ayla Donlin is the director of the LifeFit Center @ The Beach, a health and fitness facility and educational laboratory on the campus of Long Beach State University. Ayla’s passions are education, fitness, and well-being, and as a result, she holds multiple positions within higher education and the fitness industry.
Ayla has been active in the fitness industry for over 12 years as a group fitness instructor, personal trainer, group fitness director, and health club general manager. She is currently an American College of Sports Medicine certified personal trainer and an Exercise is Medicine® credentialed fitness professional. Ayla has been working with Johnny G. since 2007 as a Master Instructor for Krankcycle® and became a Master Instructor for MYZONE® in 2015.
Emily Sopo, M.S.
Assistant Director of the LifeFit Center @ The Beach and MYZONE® Master Trainer
Emily Sopo decided to pursue a career in the fitness industry after she fell in love with teaching group fitness classes during her undergraduate college years. In 2015, Emily graduated with a Master of Science in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, with a focus on exercise physiology and fitness from California State University, Long Beach. She is now the assistant director of the LifeFit Center @ The Beach.
Emily holds certifications in personal training and group fitness through the National Academy of Sports Medicine and Athletics and Fitness Association of America, respectively. In addition to her day job, she has taught several undergraduate courses at California State University, Long Beach that focus on exercise physiology and fitness.