Lifestyle change coaching can have a measurable impact on adherence to healthy habits like exercise, stress reduction and healthy eating. Yet, nearly 75% of health care costs are related to preventable conditions—and only 3% of health care dollars are spent on prevention, according to a study published in the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. Through health coaching, fitness centers and exercise professionals are uniquely positioned to effect positive behavior change in people struggling with lifestyle-related diseases.
In this training you will gain an understanding of behavior change strategies—including motivational interviewing and SMART goal setting—and their application. In addition, you will learn how to begin a health coaching program within your business so you can produce better personal results and retention among your members. This course is a must for any gym owner or exercise professional who wants to improve member accountability and connection with their facility.
- Review the research that demonstrates the impact of health coaching on sustained behavior change.
- Discuss which tools are most frequently applied in coaching conversations to effect change.
- Learn how to add health coaching to your programming for ancillary revenue and member engagement.
This Session Room is for FBA Members.
If you'd like to gain access, you may upgrade your SUCCEED! registration to become an FBA member.
- 6 months to access all SUCCEED! Conference Sessions: Take in the best ideas from our latest conference on your time!
- A second SUCCEED! Virtual Conference with VIP perks (at no extra charge!)
- Monthly workshops, trainings, and 1-day events (hosted by our most popular SUCCEED! presenters)
- Community events for member networking
- Discounts and freebies from 50+ major fitness brands
- 50% off CEC/CEUs at every SUCCEED! Virtual Conference!
- And a TON more...